If these screenshots are to be believed, then an ironic hacker has successfully installed Windows 3.1 onto a Nokia N95 handset. Marchin-PRV used DOSBox to emulate the x86-class processor on the Symbian handset in order to install Microsoft’s 1992 OS. Totally useless, yes… and totally badazz.
Windows 3.1 running on Nokia N95 is both awesome and depressing originally appeared on Engadget Mobile on Tue, 24 Feb 2009 03:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Nokia c3-02 — Nokia C3 Touch and Type hands-on
- Nokia’s 3710 fold does 3.2 megapixels on the cheap
- Nokia 500 ‘Fate’ destined for Q3, 1GHz processor and Symbian Anna onboard
- Nokia cozies up to TD-SCDMA some more, launches China Mobile versions of the X5 and C5, joins TD Forum
- Vodafone dude mentions N97 Mini — confused or loose-lipped?
- Telus kicks off HSPA+ network with iPhone November 5th, HTC Hero, LG New Chocolate and more to follow
- Mobile Miscellany: week of July 18, 2011
- Nokia 5800i XpressMusic hits the FCC: it’s like the 5800, only less so
- Nokia Custom Dictionary takes predictive text to the obvious next level
- Nokia E55 blushes red for the camera
There are no posts related to Windows 3.1 running on Nokia N95 is both awesome and depressing.